Pinkbox Doughnuts’ Intellectual Property
A trademark can be a word, phrase, symbol, or design that distinguishes the source of the goods or services used therewith. Also, as trade dress, it can be the appearance of a product or its packaging, including size, shape, color, texture, graphics, and appearance including but not limited to Pinkbox Doughnuts’ retail stores and website.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of Pinkbox Doughnuts’ trademarks, service marks, trade dress and other intellectual property. The absence of any trademarks, service marks, trade dress or other intellectual property from this list does not constitute a waiver of Pinkbox Doughnuts’ trademark and other intellectual property rights.
I. Wordmarks and Design Marks
So Good You’ll Lick the Box®
Donut Lick the Glass®
Donut Lick the Shirt®
Everyday is a Good Day for a Donut®
II. Product Designs
III. Product Packaging
Pinkbox Doughnuts uses distinctive packaging for its products consisting of pink doughnut boxes featuring stylized colored sprinkles and white, pink and black stripes thereon and beverage cups featuring white, pink and black stripes. Please see the following representative samples:
IV. Trade Dress
Pinkbox Doughnuts uses a distinctive décor for the exterior and interior of its stores. Below are some iconic examples thereof with images and corresponding numeric explanation.
- Stylized sprinkles used on the façade;
- Awnings featuring white, pink and black stripes;
- Pink building
- Pink window mullions
- Monument Sign
- Two-tone pink striped floors
- Pink ceiling dripping onto wall
- Doughnut display including counter & creamer station incorporate pink stripes
- Pinkbox Graffiti wall graphic
- Framed product promotion and product displays on wall
- Green Turf and pink neon signage displaying “EVERY DAY IS A GOOD DAY FOR A DONUT” slogan
- Rolling pins signage displaying: Pick/Pack/Pour slogan
- 3-dimensional coffee cup with splash mounted on wall
- “Donut Lick the Wall” graphic
- Sprinkle doughnut door handles
- “Pinky” character sculpture for customer photographs
- Stylized sprinkles used on bathroom wall and pink bathroom floors
V. Unauthorized Use of Pinkbox Doughnuts’ Intellectual Property
Pinkbox Doughnuts’ trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets.
- Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Pinkbox Doughnuts, or any Pinkbox Doughnuts’ trademark, including Pinkbox Doughnuts’ owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name.
- Pinkbox Doughnuts Logo and Pinkbox Doughnuts’ owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Pinkbox Doughnuts Logo or any other Pinkbox Doughnuts’ owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with products, packaging, promotional/advertising materials, websites or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Pinkbox Doughnuts.
- Variations, Modifications or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of Pinkbox Doughnuts or variation of the Pinkbox Doughnuts’ logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, modification, or abbreviation of a Pinkbox Doughnuts’ trademark for any purpose.
- Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Pinkbox Doughnuts’ trademark or any other Pinkbox Doughnuts’ owned graphic symbols, logos, or icons in a disparaging manner.
- Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use the Pinkbox Doughnuts trademark or any other Pinkbox Doughnuts’ trademark, including Pinkbox Doughnuts’ owned graphic symbols, logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Pinkbox Doughnuts’ affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
- Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give away merchandise items, such as clothing and mugs, bearing the Pinkbox Doughnuts trademark or any other Pinkbox Doughnuts’ trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Pinkbox Doughnuts.
- Pinkbox Doughnuts’ Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Pinkbox Doughnuts’ packaging, store design, website design, or logos.
- Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate any Pinkbox Doughnuts’ slogans or taglines.
VI. Depictions of Pinkbox Doughnuts’ Products
Endorsement or Sponsorship: Pinkbox Doughnuts does not support the use of its logos, company name, product names, or images of Pinkbox Doughnuts’ products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Pinkbox Doughnuts endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
For more about Pinkbox Doughnuts’ trademarks and more generally its intellectual property, please contact Sean Thueson, General Counsel at email@example.com.